Our Brother's Keepers
Our Brother's Keepers is an outreach ministry that builds on the care and compassion already in our parish to meet the challenges we face during COVID-19 times. We aim to aid those who are at greatest risk so thay they do not have to leave their home, and that we connect with each other and with God in prayer during this crisis.
All who join “Our Brother’s Keepers” are willing to :
1. Contact a fellow parishioner by phone every other day or twice a week during the COVID-19 crisis with a friendly hello, casual conversation, and a wellness check.
2. Pray daily, and if possible together on your call, for an end to the pandemic, and for God’s strength and perseverance in our world, country, and parish. I suggest:
- Sub Tuum : We fly to thy protection, O holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us always from all dangers, O glorious and blessed Virgin.
- Glory Be: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
3. Identify any ways that allow at-risk parishioners to continue to maintain their quarantine.( eg. some groceries, a prescription, etc.) & contact me through the parish office
- Strengthen ties between us at a time when uncertainty and isolation abound, even when there are no errands/urgent needs.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information